Thursday, May 29, 2008



Day - 8

The good 'ol captain made a few calls yesterday. Larry reported that he talked to his Uncle Ned around 10:00 am. Capt. Ned got off to a good start and that he was currently kicking back letting the freshly repaired Wilson do all of the work. Oh, just FYI...Uncle Keith informed me of the contents of the survival kit, and yes it included Kentucky Chrome. It also included needles, thread, hooks, rope, velcro etc. See...I told you he was like McGiver.

Around 10:30 am my cell phone started rocking to the currently programmed ring tone of "Hell's Bell's" by AC/DC, I looked and Dad was displayed on the caller ID. Unfortunately the call was very short lived. The only thing I got was his common Bohemian style greeting of "hey mon" he then said "I'm alive, well and still grinning". I tried to respond with a simple that's good news, but I don't think he heard me. After we were disconnected I thought that he either had a Larry style phone signal or he was trying to practice the second 50% of the Eskimo Roll. He has the first 50% down to a science.


Now, I feel I must let you in on our family razzing of Larry and his cell signal. Every week or 2 Larry falls off the grid for a few days and doesn't respond to email or calls. We all know it's work related and that he has to travel, but that doesn't stop us from ribbing him. Larry is in the wireless signal business. Now you understand why we enjoy teasing him so much. And now for the plug...if you or anyone you know is having wireless signal issue within the walls of your home, warehouse, business etc. feel free to contact Larry...he's the man. http://www.indoorwireless.net/


Back to the kayak krooz...Keith reported that it was kind of late before The Kayak Kid set up camp and that he wasn't sure what was on the dinner menu yet. Camp was about 5 miles from Terre Haute. He's hit the 200 mile mark. Averaging a not too shabby 25 miles a day.


Capt. Ned is shooting for Hutsonville, IN in day 9. He said he met a fisherman who told him about a good spot to camp. Let's just hope that when we hear from him at the closing of day 9 he has an icy cold gold top in hand.


No comments: