Friday, June 13, 2008







Hello again!



As promised here are a couple photos of "Prancer". I need to do some more digging for pictures of the "Rainbow's End". The first picture I believe was taken by Capt. Ned from the "Rainbow's End". The next two where when "Prancer" was being re-painted with a Mott by a Mott. Hmm..the only Mott I see working in the picture is Gary. Now, Larry will try to say he was the one behind the camera, but I know that's not true, because from where I was standing, up on the deck of Rusty Bellies Waterfront Grill nursing a cold beer, he was no where to be found. Now that I've mentioned the place I have to elaborate a little and let you know, Rusty Bellies has some of the absolute best sea food around. And while you're there don't forget check their desert menu, it's called the "Rainbow's End". Actually, all of the items on a Rusty Bellies menu is named after local boats. Pretty cool. Check 'em out.



Day - 22



As you know from the last post we located Captain Ned and he was still moving right along and was hoping to set up camp near Paducah. I spoke with 'Ol Ned yesterday at 10:00 am and he said the boat ramp area in Paducah was pretty populated so he decided to go a little further. He set up camp about 4 miles further south.



He said that he got a decent start Thursday morning and had just passed Metropolis, IL. He was finishing up breakfast as he was coasting along and talking to me. Breakfast consisted of 2 of those Mix-N-Berry granola bars that he's now addicted too, some more of Aunt Becky's jerky and he said that when we hung up he was going to tear ass into some M & M's. Mmmm...breakfast of champions.



Capt. Ned must have lost his cell signal again because we never heard from him last night. He was planning to make it Wickliffe, KY so I went ahead and logged it on the map. Speaking of the map...as you can see there are a couple days of camp sites missing. I will get those added in, an make any necessary adjustments as soon as I get a confirmation from the man himself.



Where ever he said he landed he was hoping for some cold "gold tops" and a mail box. He said it's been several days since his last cold beer and he feels he's overdue. Capt. Ned also informed me that he filled up one of the cameras that Larry and Kevin gave to him when they visited him in Darwin. He said he'll be dropping it in the mail ASAP, which means we'll get them posted ASAP. I cant wait to see some of the scenery the good 'ol captain has been seeing and some of the people he's met along the way. One thing he was disappointed about though was that he never took any pictures of the fiasco that took place last Friday night that involved his first 911 call. See one of the previous blogs for details of the fiasco.

I realize the blogs have been king of sketchy and kind of all over the place the last couple days, and for that I apologize, but it's been kind of hard piecing several broken conversation between several different people together. The bottom line / consensus of all the Mott's is that Captain Ned is still alive and grinning. He's still having fun, and still meeting new people.

It's now 8:45 pm 6/13/'08. I just tried to call but it went to his voicemail. I'm going to think positive and picture my dad relaxing with an ice cold Busch beer in his hand plotting tomorrows attack on the mighty Mississippi River. Tennessee is right around the bend. Capt. Ned is blowing through Kentucky like sh!t through a goose. Stay tuned...there is excitement to follow...trust me.





No comments: