Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hello - Hello

Wednesday - Day 36

2:02 PM EST...I just received a call from Captain Ned. First personal contact since last Friday afternoon. He's currently about 20 / 25 miles north of Vicksburg, MS. He said all is good but he's getting ready to stop and hunker down. Thunderstorms moving in fast. He said it looks like the storm is behind him but he's not taking any chances. He ran into some pretty bad weather yesterday. He said the rain wasn't so bad but the wind was slapping him around pretty good.

I was scrambling to pull up a weather source on the net to let him know for sure what was happening and I told that if we got cut off, I'd call him right back and let him know what the deal was. I also said that if I couldn't get through I would definitely leave a message. He said "tell you what mon...I'm going to go ahead and hang up now...that was a pretty damn big lightning bolt".

I called him right back and got his voicemail. I informed him that only one part of the storm was behind him, that he's only threading the needle and there's another side of it getting ready to smack him in the face. I ended my message to him with "keep the good side up, take care and call us when you can".

Although our conversation was very short, I could tell that his spirits are soring high.

We'll be back in touch as soon as Capt. Ned is back in touch.

No comments: